Apply For Housing

How to apply for Community Housing.

NGRHC will only source applicants from the Victorian Housing Register which is managed by  Homes Victoria.  NGRHC will only refer to the Victorian Housing Register when there is a vacancy.

Go to Apply for social housing for instructions on how to apply online or with the paper application:

You will need to complete the online application or fill in the paper application form.

To be eligible for long-term housing with NGRHC (via the Victorian Housing Register ); an applicant must:

  • Meet the Victorian Housing Register eligibility criteria;
  • Be a citizen or have permanent residency in Australia
  • Be a resident in Victoria
  • Have no previous debt with NGRHC, Homes Victoria or any other registered housing agency that remains unpaid
  • A person entering into a tenancy agreement must be generally 18 years or older

In addition to these requirements, to join a Housing Co-operative you will also need to:

  • Demonstrate skills and understanding of the Co-operative model and a willingness and ability to actively participate
  • Demonstrate a desire to live in the dwelling type and location offered when a vacancy arises
  • Be aware of the responsibilities of Co-operative membership including the requirements, capacity and willingness to contribute to the Co-operative, and regular attendance at General Meetings
  • Be willing to join in training and education workshops to better participate in the governance of the Co-op