The Co-operative employs a manager and staff to carry out the day-to-day operations and to implement the decisions of the Committee of Management (CoM). All staff are part-time employees and not members of the Co-operative. Other than providing professional advice to the Committee, staff do not have voting rights, however, their input is vital to fulfilling the objectives of the Co-op.
- Provides effective and equitable operation of the NGRHC in keeping with the established rules and policies of the Co-operative.
- Implementation the strategies and actions outlined in NGRHC strategic/ business plans.
- Ensures the Co-operative meets all regulatory and legal compliance requirements.
- Works with the Committee of Management to manage the compliance of the Co-operative as a Registered Housing Provider.
- Ensures effective management of staff and volunteers.
- Guides the development and strengthening of the ‘Co-op community’ so that this focus remains the core of all activities.
The manager works 4 days a week – Monday to Thursday. firstname.lastname@example.org
Communications and Member Engagement
- Develops and implements effective communication with members and stakeholders for the benefit and development of members.
- Compiles monthly Co-op Connections and updates all social media.
- Communicates effectively to ensure all members understand the operations and values of the Co-op
- Networks with members to connect them to services which enable community capacity building.
The communications and member engagement employee works 2 days a week – Tuesday and Wednesday. email@example.com
- Monitors rents and maintains accurate and current rental and tenancy records.
- Manages tenancies and maintenance of the Co-op properties.
- Assists the Asset Management Sub-Committee with annual review of members housing status and requirements.
- Conducts property inspections and instigates improvements to assist members and the Co-op to maintain a high standard of property value.
The tenancy support employee works 3 days a week – Tuesday to Thursday firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provides administrative support to the manager and other Co-op staff.
- Expedites responsive maintenance requests
- Expedites cyclical maintenance in regards to gutter cleaning, heater services and smoke detector testing.
- Co-ordinates mail outs to the membership.
- Maintains the register of member attendances.
The administration employee works 2 days a week – Wednesday and Thursday email@example.com